Dolphins and You has been voted Best Hawaii Tour for the second year in a row by 111 Hawaii Awards.
Beating out the Polynesian Cultural Center, “Dolphin & You, a swimming with wild dolphins tour” was ranked #1 in the optional tour division for second consecutive year. Among other 2019 #1 winners were Diamond Head Crater for Best Hike and Lanikai Beach for Best Beach.
Dolphins and You now proudly displays not one, but two ‘golden shakas’ for 2018 and 2019 awards in its office in Waikiki.
Snorkel with wild sea turtles and Dolphins with Dolphins and You!
Join a Dolphins and You guided dolphin swim tour to snorkel with dolphins and sea turtles on the west coast of Oahu. The half-day tour also includes hula entertainment, an ocean water slide and taro bun burger lunch!
4,000 Miles of Anticipation
Dolphins and You CEO Richard Holland made the trip all the way from his home in Japan to attend the award ceremony.
“I’m not sure if we’ll win, but I know there’s a reason why I’m here,” Richard said the day before the ceremony.
In the tense moments leading up to the announcement, the Dolphins and You team clasped hands in anticipation of the announcement. When Dolphins and You was announced, joy was felt all around.
Also in attendance of the event was Richard’s son and tour guide manager Shanti, along with Japanese Marketing Manager Yui and General Manager Kaina.
“We did it Team! #1 two years in a row!” Richard exclaimed as they accepted the award.
2019 111 Hawaii Award Recipients
- Best Tour: Dolphins and You
- Best Golf: Kapolei Golf Club
- Best Attraction: Diamond Head
- Best Museum: Honolulu Museum of Art
- Best Trail: Diamond Head Trail
- Best Beach: Lanikai Beach
- Best Pancakes: Boots & Kimo’s
- Best Eggs Benedict: Has Tree Lanai
- Best Acai Bowl: Island Vintage Coffee
- Best Malasada: Leonard’s Bakery
- Best Shave Ice: Matsumoto Shave Ice
- Best Cookie: Honolulu Cookie Company
- Best Spam: Iysume
- Best Garlic Shrimp: Giovanni’s Shrimp Truck
- Best Loco Moco: Aloha Table Waikiki
- Best Plate Lunch: Pioneer Saloon
- Best Coffee: Lion Coffee
- Best Aloha Shirt: Kona Bay Hawaii
- Best Ukulele: Kamaka Ukulele
- Best Craft Beer: Kona Brewing Company
- Best Steakhouse: Wolfgang’s Steakhouse
- Best Seafood Restaurant: 53 By the Sea
- Best Restaurant View: Michel’s
- Best Burger: Teddy’s Bigger Burger
- Best Japanese Food: Izakaya
- Best Noodles: Golden Pork
- Best Fine Dining: Taormina
- Best Chinese Restaurant: Fook Yuen
- Best Ethnic Food: Hale Vietnam
- Best Italian Restaurant: Arancino
- Best Buffet: Kai Market
- Best Cafe: Goofy Cafe
- Best Bakery: Hawaiian Sweet Potato Factory
- Best Bar: Nomu
- Best Food Court: Waikiki Yokocho
- Best Casual Dining: Side Street Inn
- Best Beauty Salon: Nail Salon Ai
- Best Spa: Royal Kaila Spa
- Best Cosmetics: Belle Vie
- Best Apparel: 88 Tees
- Best Jewelry: No. 8 Jewelry
- Best Grocery: Whole Foods Market
- Best Lesson: Dragon Beat
About 111 Hawaii Awards
111-Hawaii Awards will be the very first ranking by Japanese Hawaii fans from Japan, Hawaii, and around the world.
Determined through online voting, each of the 50 categories such as Hawaii gourmet, gifts, and tours showcase the best of Hawaii. Not only is this an awards competition, but also a project supporting Hawaii in which your votes help increase donations toward helping our local community.