Hi everyone! We’re talking to Hiromi this week and she’s part of our accounting and office team, but does get to come out on tour with us every once in a while. Hiromi’s hard work keeps all of our numbers in check, making sure that we pay all of our bills so that we can provide an awesome experience for our guests. She’ll share some of the fun things she does when she’s not running the numbers and some ideas for your Hawaii vacation!
1. Thanks for chatting today, Hiromi. So tell us what inspired you to work with Dolphins?
Well it makes me happy to work for a company that makes other people happy. It’s very rewarding to have that kind of job. I enjoy the reactions from the guests after they spend time with the dolphins. It’s a great way to spend my days.
2. It is a great way to spend a day! In your opinion, what makes Dolphins magical creatures?
Dolphins are so sweet and innocent. It seems that they would not harm you – they’re so amazing. They are sensitive and intelligent and have very interesting ways of communicating with each other. They are even used for therapy. So it’s great to be around healing creatures.
3. Wow, they are magical for sure. What’s the highlight of the tour for you?
The most thrilling part is the anticipation of seeing the dolphins. The highlight is to watch the captain looking out on the horizon for the dolphins. When he says, “ok everybody jump in”, your hearts start beating fast. Then you see them, a school of spinner dolphins. It is amazing!!
4. Sounds exciting. So what is one place that someone should see while they’re on their Hawaii vacation?
Definitely see Makapu Lookout. It is a beautiful place to see mountains and ocean views and there are nearby hiking trails that lead to Makapu Lighthouse. There’s two “power spots” called Pele’s chair and a healing pool where you should definitely go while you’re hiking there. Get off the beaten path and discover the rest of the island.
5. Awesome – I want to go, too! What’s your favorite thing to do when you’re not swimming with Dolphins?
I like to go shopping and go to the beach with my family and relax.
6. That sounds nice. So how about a bit of advice for visitors to Hawaii and Oahu?
Definitely get away from Waikiki and visit nature. There are so many different places to see and you should experience the various neighborhoods. Look at the trees and flowers and experience nature. When you do this, you will know a different Hawaii.
7. For sure! Tell us your favorite place to eat or drink in Oahu.
My favorite place to eat and have drinks is the Yard House in Waikiki. The food is always tasty and plentiful and the service is full of aloha spirit. They have a huge collection of beers from around the world so it’s a good place to try something new. And it has a good energy and is a great place to watch sporting events!